Saturday, July 4, 2009

Creede, Colorado and horseback riding
















We traveled up over Wolf Creek Pass again this time to Creede, CO. Creede was a mining town in the late 1800's. We toured a mine (a reconstruction) and learned quite a bit about the history of mining. The town was having some festivities so we spent some time walking around the shops in the historic downtown.

We returned to the Wildlife Park to go on a 1 hour horseback ride. My horse seemed to want to go faster than necessary. I had to pull back to slow him down while Greg's horse didn't seem to want to go at all. The ride was nice...until the very end when my horse nearly threw me. I lost my sunglasses off the top of my head but managed to stay on Midnight. I was quite shaken up! The kids all enjoyed the ride and Matthew was happy to see many prairie dogs.

We came home to eat up leftovers and pack up our bags. We will leave early in the morning and head to Flagstaff, AZ. It will be a long day so I'm sure I won't post. We plan to stop at Four Corners Monument along the way. Happy 4th of July everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment